Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nutmeg for Arthritis??

My mom told me many years ago that she suggested nutmeg tea for a man in her small town who was suffering badly from arthritis. And would with a flourish tell how he was completely cured a few months later. Yeah right. Well I was dinking around the internet and wouldn't you know - there are quite a lot of sites that refers to this. They typically use nutmeg oil. I know that in the olden days in this little town nutmeg oil wasn't available, so they would have used the whole nutmeg.

I always thought that this was one of those stories my mom told with little real evidence - I underestimated her!

The recipe is that you grate one nutmeg. Divide the grated nutmeg into 7 portions, and drink a tea made with hot water and 1/7th of the nutmeg every morning. Continue with this until you have relief from the arthritis pain.

No comments: